Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sad Laptop

Last week, my iBook stopped booting. I bought it used a few months ago, and the 1-year warranty expired in December. One day, it simply wouldn't wake from sleep. After resetting the power, the fan comes on, but that's it. It's a classic symptom that the CPU isn't coming online, so there is a problem with the motherboard or CPU. I took it to the Apple Store and they quoted me $800 on the repair (more than I paid for the unit!). So, eBay it is. It was a nice machine, hopefully someone has the parts on hand to bring it back to life. I'll likely wait to buy a new machine until the 12" MacBooks come out later this year.

No comments:

High Quality VHS Capture on a Budget in 2020 - Part I: Choosing a VCR

Introduction I recently inherited a few dozen family videos on VHS and VHS-C going back to the early 1980's. Along with this haul came a...