Saturday, December 10, 2005

Oh, yeah! I do have a blog, don't I.

Last post: October. Not very timely, eh? Well, things have been crazy! Today was the last day of class, and the fabled Case finals gauntlet begins tomorrow, Saturday, at high noon. The showdown: me versus the EECS 600 (RF Integrated Circuits) final worth 50% of my grade. Of course, it might as well be worth 100% of my grade - if I do well, I will get an A. If I perform poorly... well... it depends on how poorly! I studied for this bad boy over 20 hours this week (about 10 hours today) and I feel pretty prepared for it. Hopefully I will be able to pick up on the tricks and nuances of the problems before the end of the test period.

After tomorrow, things are looking up. I have a take home exam for EECS 351 (Signal Processing for Communications) and the ENGR 200 (Statics and Strength of Materials) exam should be a cakewalk. I have a lot of research work to accomplish over break, but I know what I have to do, and it's a lot less stressful than 3-hour exams. EECS 426 (MOS IC Design) is totally done. I am reasonably confident I got an A in the course, but I won't know for sure until the second exam scores are posted. As long as I got a 75 or higher, I'm golden (and I think I did really well on it).

One thing I would like to mention... I think Case has forgotten how to clear sidewalks this year! In years past, the sidewalks were always shoveled and salted by the time I went to class. Now, some of them have 2" of ice for days after a snow storm. It's really unacceptable! I know several people who have fallen on the slick surfaces. Hopefully they'll get their act together again soon.

Okay, I need to get some sleep so I can attack this exam head-on tomorrow. I'll post the casualty report when I know the outcome!

--Bradley

No comments:

High Quality VHS Capture on a Budget in 2020 - Part I: Choosing a VCR

Introduction I recently inherited a few dozen family videos on VHS and VHS-C going back to the early 1980's. Along with this haul came a...